REPORTS TO: Board of Directors
Club Italia, Niagara’s leading hospitality and event centre! We specialize in weddings, socials and corporate events! At Club Italia, we strive to achieve our goals by providing and promoting our facilities, programs and activities to our members and residents of the community/Niagara Region. Club Italia has never stopped growing. Social Events, new programs, sports initiatives, and many contributions, along with donations and fundraising efforts continue to drive this organization forward.
Reporting to the Board, the General Manager has full responsibility for operating the banquet facility, as well as ensuring that the Board’s annual strategic goals & objectives are met or exceeded.
The General Manager will also play an essential role in leading the organization through the new business development and communications strategy that engages members and community.
The successful candidate will be an experienced business leader, demonstrating successful organizational leadership in hospitality and/or not-for-profit environments. Essential skills will include strategic planning, financial planning, budgeting, and revenue generation.
The General Manager will ensure the highest level of service for our guests and clients
The General Manager must be prepared to work week days, evenings and weekends.
- Manages the financial budget and updates the business and sales and marketing plans as required to achieve revenues and objectives of the organization with a focus on growing revenues and maximizing financial performance
- Conducts all Human Resources activities
- Including recruitment and interviewing
- New hire orientation, training and development
- Staff evaluations and reviews
- Scheduling and labor controls
- Establishes and maintains relations with volunteer support workers
- Oversees the food and beverage areas to include food preparation, food and beverage service along with execution of events to maintain established operational standards and maximize profits
- Conducts and executes daily, weekly and monthly facility and grounds inspections to ensure that facility and equipment are always well kept, clean and in good repair (safety, sanitation, food preparation etc.)
- Conducts staff meetings and continually keeps all staff informed of daily activities and changes along with Board of Directors when necessary
- Meets, develops and cultivates great relationships with clients, while identifying opportunity to grow the overall business through partnership and business planning.
- Assists in maintaining all inventory, costings and purchasing
- Ensures all safety regulations are implemented and followed.
- Attends and participates in all Board Meetings along with any applicable meetings to discuss budgeting, forecasting, and operational requirements
- All other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors
- Must have minimum 5 years’ experience in hospitality industry; additional operations and/or leadership experience strongly preferred
- Completion of Post-Secondary Education in Hotel & Restaurant Management or related field
- Strong catering experience in all aspects of large, high volume banquet, conference and facility management is an asset
- Knowledge of Ontario’s Employment Standards Act and The Health and Safety Act and ensures compliance
- Proven financial management skills, including ability to control product pricing and inventories, and labour costs
- Must be self motivated with strong time management, communication and organizational skills, with the capability of motivating, leading, directing and developing associates
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Applications, POS Systems any other programs required to perform day to day functions
- Food and Beverage: 5 years (Preferred)
- Sales: 5 years (Preferred)
- Financial Management: 5 years (Required)
- Managing Employees: 5 years (Required)
- Marketing: 5 years (Preferred)
- Facility Management: 3 years (Preferred)
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org